All foreigners visiting Bhutan must have a valid visa clearance letter issued by the Department of Immigration of Bhutan prior to boarding of flight. They are required to produce a copy of the visa clearance letter issued by the Department of Immigration- Bhutan at the time of check-in. The Initial Reference letter issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not valid for Travel. Any passenger without valid visa clearance letter will be denied at Check-in counter and Drukair will not be liable for any claims.
Bangladesh & Maldives Nationals:
All Bangladesh and Maldives National does not require visa to enter Bhutan. Travel documents required is passport.
*Note: All passengers are advised to check their passport validity which should not be less than 6 months from the date of travel. Drukair will not be liable and will refuse check-in of those passengers whose passport does not meet the validity requirements.
Indian Nationals ( By AIR )
All Indian nationals visiting Bhutan does not require visa to enter Bhutan. However, they MUST produce any of the following identity documents.
- A Valid Indian Passport
- Election ID Card or Voter ID
- For children below the age of 12 years, following documents are required.
An Indian citizen must be in possession of a valid passport when entering from a place other than India and when exiting from Bhutan to a place other than India.
- Original Birth Certificate in English
- If the birth certificate is in local language or Hindi, it has to be translated into English and notarized by a magistrate.
Documents Required For ILP Permit by Road
( ONLY INDIAN CITIZEN )
- ADULT - VOTER ID / PASSPORT / ADHAR CARD + PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO ( 02Nos).
- CHILD - BIRTH CERTIFICATE & SCHOOL ID + PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO ( 02Nos).
Indian Embassy Clearance Certificate Required
- PAN CARD + DRIVING LICENCE / RESIDENT ID PROOF ( Issued By Govt. )
- RATION CARD / MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE / SCHOOL OR COLLEGE ID CARD. + 04 Nos. PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO.
* Note: Indian embassy not issue clearance certificate on Saturday,Sunday & on Calender Holidays.
To download the Immigration Permit Form, please click here